geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject JNDI Lookup Problem..!
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:08:07 GMT

Hi Folks,

I am facing a problem in making a JNDI lookup. I am new to Geronimo
(actually I am using websphere community edition )

Here are my details:

1) My database deployment Plan (mydb-plan.xml)is:

         <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"

  version="1.5"

  configId="testbank"

<dependency>

    <groupId>jars</groupId>

    <artifactId>oracle-driver-ojdbc</artifactId>

    <version>14.0</version>

</dependency>

  <resourceadapter>

  <outbound-resourceadapter>

      <connection-definition>

        <connectionfactory-interface>

          javax.sql.DataSource

        </connectionfactory-interface>

        <connectiondefinition-instance>

          <name>testbank</name>

          <config-property-setting name="UserName">

            setlbank

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="Password">

            setlbank

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="Driver">

            oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="ConnectionURL">

            jdbc:oracle:thin:@172.25.203.148:1521:setlbank

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="CommitBeforeAutocommit">

             false

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="ExceptionSorterClass">

             org.tranql.connector.NoExceptionsAreFatalSorter

          </config-property-setting>

          <connectionmanager>

            <local-transaction/>

            <single-pool>

               <max-size>10</max-size>

               <min-size>0</min-size>

               <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

                  5000

                </blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

                <idle-timeout-minutes>

                  30

                </idle-timeout-minutes>

                <match-one/>

            </single-pool>

          </connectionmanager>

         <!-- <global-jndi-name> jdbc/testbank </global-jndi-name> -->

        </connectiondefinition-instance>

      </connection-definition>

    </outbound-resourceadapter>

</resourceadapter>

</connector>

2) My Geronimo-web.xml file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app

    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"

    xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"

    configId="MyConfigName"

    parentId="SBank/Entities"

        <naming:resource-ref>

                <naming:ref-name>testbank</naming:ref-name>

                <naming:resource-link>testbank</naming:resource-link>

    </naming:resource-ref>

</web-app>

3) My web.xml contains:

  <resource-ref>

                <res-ref-name>testbank</res-ref-name>

                <res-auth>Container</res-auth>

      </resource-ref>

4) And my Geronimo-application.xml file contains:

<module>

<connector>tranql-connector-1.1.rar</connector>

<alt-dd>mydb-plan.xml</alt-dd>

</module>

</application>

5) Deployment is happening fine, but runtime it is giving the following
exception:

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: testbank

        at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:10
8)

        at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:11
6)

        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)

        at
com.infosys.j2ee.utils.misc.ServiceLocator.getDataSource(ServiceLocator.
java:234)

6) InitalContext parameters were :

        <Param name="JndiName" value ="testbank" />

        <Param name="Provider-Url" value="rmi://localhost:1099"/>

        <Param name="Initial-Contextfactory"
value="com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory"/>

And my rmi port is running at 1099 (as specified in the config.xml).

Let me know , what I am missing. I have tried it many times, but no
success..! :-(

Can some help me out in proceeding further...!

Thanks,

Santosh.

e-mail system.