geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing locally Container Beans
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 07:14:40 GMT
Hi,
        Yes you need not have any parameters when you are creating an
InitalContext locally in the server.

Suppose you have a web app that refers an ejb
In the web.xml you should add an ejb-ref

      <ejb-ref>
         <ejb-ref-name>ejb/Trade</ejb-ref-name>
         <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
         <home>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.ejb.TradeHome</home>
         <remote>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.ejb.Trade</remote>
         <ejb-link>TradeEJB</ejb-link>
      </ejb-ref>

In your ejb-jar.xml you will define the ejb

 <enterprise-beans>
        <session>
            <description>Trade Session EJB manages all Trading
services</description>
            <display-name>TradeEJB</display-name>
            <ejb-name>TradeEJB</ejb-name>
            <home>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.ejb.TradeHome</home>
            <remote>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.ejb.Trade</remote>
            <ejb-class>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.ejb.TradeBean
</ejb-class>
            <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
       <session>
 </enterprise-beans>

And in your openejb-jar.xml the following

            <enterprise-beans>
                <session>
                    <ejb-name>TradeEJB</ejb-name>
                    <jndi-name>ejb/TradeEJB</jndi-name>
                </session>
            </enterprise-beans>

You can look up the daytrader application that is distributed with geronimo.
I took the above example from that application.

Regards
Manu