geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Jetty Versus Tomcat..!
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:41:40 GMT
I think the correct answer is it depends.  Both containers are robust and should satisfy your
needs.
  I believe many people choose Tomcat over Jetty because it has a larger following and there
is
safety in numbers.

Santosh Koti wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> One more question popped up in my mind, so thought of troubling u guys
> again...:-)
>
> Which one is better Jetty or Tomcat...?
>

> Of course , I went thru some reviews , but there were lot of claims &
> counter-claims, which makes the reader very confusing...:-(
>

> Any insight into it...? Why apache chose Jetty as the default container,
> when Tomcat was their offering...!
>
> (But IBM WAS-Community Edition , built on Geronimo -1.0 , uses Tomcat as
> the default container...!)
>

> Any specific reasons... (technical / political) ...?...:-)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.