geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Deployment pblm in G1.1
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 01:09:07 GMT
FYI ... I added a patch to GERONIMO-1843 (and Dain applied it ... thanks
  Dain!)  that fixes the tomcat deployment when a geronimo plan is not
specified.  It result now matches jetty.  I've been told that there is
another change that was integrated to fix the
MalformedObjectNameException message.

So, if you update both problems should now be fixed.

Joe

Joe Bohn wrote:
> I'm seeing the exact same error Dave C. is seeing when attempting to
> deploy an application on windows.
>
> C:\geronimo1.1\assemblies\minimal-tomcat-server\target\geronimo-1.1-SNAPSHOT>java

> -jar bin\deployer.jar deploy c:\ServerApplications\snoop.war
>     Error: Unable to distribute snoop.war: Cannot deploy the requested
>     application module
>
> (moduleFile=C:\DOCUME~1\bohn\LOCALS~1\Temp\geronimo-deployer28333.tmpdir\snoop.war)
>

> I did a little more checking and it appears that the problem is coming
> from line 242 in
> modules\deployment\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\deployment\Deployer.java
>
> When a plan isn't supplied it attempts to find a match from the list of
> builders via the ConfigurationBuilder.getDeploymentPlan.   From what I
> can see there are only 2 builders that support this interface ..
> EARConfigBuilder and ServiceConfigBuilder.  I suspect that we are
> supposed to get a plan returned for the war from the EARConfigBuidler,
> however it returns null at the moment for the plan ... hence the failure.
>
> I'll keep digging deeper but wanted to see if this prompted any pointers
> from Dain or Dave J.
>
> Joe
>

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> Are you up to date?  I get the following
>>
>> $ java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy ~/HelloWorld.war
>> javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: Invalid value:
>> 'geronimo.config:name="Unspecified/HelloWorld/1/car"'
>>         at javax.management.ObjectName.parsePropertyValue
>> (ObjectName.java:571)
>>         at javax.management.ObjectName.convertStringToProperties
>> (ObjectName.java:462)
>>         at javax.management.ObjectName.parse(ObjectName.java:399)
>>         at javax.management.ObjectName.<init>(ObjectName.java:76)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.CommandSupport.loadChildren(
>> CommandSupport.java:326)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run
>> (StartCommand.java:70)
>>     Error: Operation failed: Invalid value:
>>     'geronimo.config:name="Unspecified/HelloWorld/1/car"'
>>
>> Which is the same error as before, but the deployment actually worked
>> and I can access the app at:
>>
>>   http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/
>>
>> -dain
>>
>> On Apr 13, 2006, at 7:09 AM, Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>>
>>> I'm seeing a different result with a simple HelloWorld.war test.   It
>>> deploys fine on G1.0 but doesn't on G1.1.. I've tried on both  linux
>>> and windows...   I've attached the war..
>>>
>>>  # java -jar deployer.jar --user system --password manager deploy /
>>> home/davecola/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.war
>>>     Error: Unable to distribute HelloWorld.war: Cannot deploy the
>>>     requested application module
>>> (moduleFile=/home/davecola/geronimo-1.1-041006-2/assemblies/j2ee-
>>> tomcat-server/target/geronimo-1.1-SNAPSHOT/var/temp/geronimo-

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot