geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Deployment pblm in G1.1
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:03:16 GMT
I'm seeing the exact same error Dave C. is seeing when attempting to
deploy an application on windows.

C:\geronimo1.1\assemblies\minimal-tomcat-server\target\geronimo-1.1-SNAPSHOT>java
-jar bin\deployer.jar deploy c:\ServerApplications\snoop.war
     Error: Unable to distribute snoop.war: Cannot deploy the requested
     application module

(moduleFile=C:\DOCUME~1\bohn\LOCALS~1\Temp\geronimo-deployer28333.tmpdir\snoop.war)

I did a little more checking and it appears that the problem is coming
from line 242 in
modules\deployment\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\deployment\Deployer.java

When a plan isn't supplied it attempts to find a match from the list of
builders via the ConfigurationBuilder.getDeploymentPlan.   From what I
can see there are only 2 builders that support this interface ..
EARConfigBuilder and ServiceConfigBuilder.  I suspect that we are
supposed to get a plan returned for the war from the EARConfigBuidler,
however it returns null at the moment for the plan ... hence the failure.

I'll keep digging deeper but wanted to see if this prompted any pointers
from Dain or Dave J.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn