geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guilherme Rios <rios_luo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy a web application based on Struts 1.2, Spring 1.2 and Hibernate 3 on Geronimo 1.0?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:30:30 GMT
The way I see it, a "vanilla" J2EE application would be deployed in
Geronimo without problems. The issue is, when you depend on projects
that Geronimo also provides and are not part of standard J2EE but became
  de facto standards, you have to use a vendor-specific deployment plan.
This is not desirable, but does not differ much from what others do either.

I would not consider it a J2EE compatibility issue, but given lots of
people - me included =) - will deploy struts/spring/hibernate apps to
Geronimo it would be nice being able to do so without having to deal
with specific application server issues.

Cheers,

Guilherme

http://uk.security.yahoo.com