geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: User Feedback Request -- Usability Focus
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:56:55 GMT
Thanks David B. for starting this valuable thread.

I'd like to hijack a sub-thread to get the user community's thoughts on
how the usability of Geronimo can be improved.

What are the areas that you believe need improvement?

Some of the areas that have already been mentioned include:

deployment
documentation
examples
tools
migration

Are there any specific requests in these areas that haven't yet been
flushed out?

How important are the following?
- Classloading - simple way to have application jars easily override the
system classpath
- Allow simple XML updates for all configuration data (non-serialized)
- Have exploded application directories with human-readable names
- Ability to update piecemeal portions of a deployed application
- Better error messages
- Security simplification
- GUI Installer
- Ability to create a custom server containing just the components that
you require

Please provide specifics...

What other areas require ease-of-use enhancements?

Thanks
-Dave-