geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Rübsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Re: Access to a directory
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:05:29 GMT
Hi,

the simple way is to write a Servlet to do that static serving.
This is not the most performant way but if you have only a few
files to serve...

Here is some _simple_ servlet code for that:

public void doGet(HttpServletRequest pRequest, HttpServletResponse pResponse)
   throws IOException, ServletException
{
	String tPath = pRequest.getPathInfo();

         try {
             PrintWriter tOutput = pResponse.getWriter();

             String tHttpRoot = "/home/oliver/archives";

             InputStreamReader tInput = new InputStreamReader(
               new FileInputStream(tHttpRoot + tPath));

             char tBuf[] = new char[4096];

             for ( ;; ) {
                 int tSize = tInput.read(tBuf);
                 if (tSize == -1)
                     break;
                 tOutput.write(tBuf, 0, tSize);
             }

             tInput.close();
             tOutput.close();
         } catch (IOException tIOEx) {
             pResponse.sendError(404, "resource not found");
         }
}

-Mario