geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Rübsam ...@coderesearch.com>
Subject Re: Restart Geronimo from within Servlet
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:52:02 GMT
Hi,

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> Another option would be to use Java Service Wrapper to monitor Geronimo
> and restart it when it shutdown.

thanks for the replies to my questions. I finally found the best way to
restart Geronimo with all the ressources closed and the server restarts.

I used the Java Service Wrapper as Matt suggested and added some filter
settings to the wrapper.conf .

# Filter settings
wrapper.filter.trigger.1=RestartGeronimo
wrapper.filter.action.1=RESTART

all other settings like Hernan described here:
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Configuring+Geronimo+as+a+Windows+Service

Now the only thing I did in the servlet is a simple:
System.err.println("RestartGeronimo");

This triggers the log watch function of the JSW and
the wrapper executes the RESTART action.

Maybe this short example help others to remote restart the
Geronimo service via a web interface.

Thanks,
Mario