geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "James CE Johnson" <j...@tragus.org>
Subject oracle + hibernate : Unsupported feature getDatabaseMajorVersion
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:18:55 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying out Geronimo for the first time by moving a simple webapp from JBoss (and SUN JES)
Geronimo 1.0 (geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.0.tar.gz specifically).

I've configured my connection pool by importing the JBoss definition:
<datasources>
  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>MyDS</jndi-name>
    <use-java-context>false</use-java-context>
    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@databaseHost:1521:databaseSID</connection-url>
    <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
    <user-name>...</user-name>
    <password>...</password>
<valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name>
<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
  </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>
I copied the Oracle jar from my JBoss installation to
geronimo-1.0/repository/ojdbc/jars/ prior to starting Geronimo and configuring the pool.

The application itself is built on Spring (1.2.6) and Hibernate (3.1). I've re-verified that
it
works in JBoss (4.0.2).

When I deploy it to Geronimo I get the following stack trace:

10:58:15,247 INFO  [ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection provider:
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider
10:58:15,974 WARN  [GeronimoConnectionEventListener] connectionErrorOccurred called with null
java.sql.SQLException: Unsupported feature
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:269)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwUnsupportedFeatureSqlException(DBError.java:689)
        at
oracle.jdbc.OracleDatabaseMetaData.getDatabaseMajorVersion(OracleDatabaseMetaData.java:4442)
        at
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.DatabaseMetaDataHandle.getDatabaseMajorVersion(DatabaseMetaDataHandle.java:307)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.getDatabaseMajorVersion(SettingsFactory.java:293)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:76)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:1859)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1152)
        at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:800)
        at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:726)
    ... more Spring ...

I'm sure I've configured something wrong in Geronimo. Hopefully someone out there has seen
this
before and can point out my error.

Thanks,
James