geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Re: Configuring DB2 CLI "legacy" driver with Geronimo
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:54:08 GMT

Hernan, thank you so much for your helpfullness. It appears to me that we
should target a migration to the Universal Driver.

Regarding the couple of question you asked in your response...it is my
understanding that our current license agreement with IBM should allow us to
connect to any DB2 resource we have throughout the enterprise. The puzzling
part is that the client install portion of DB2 did not contain the cisuz
license jar. Our DBAs are puzzled over this since all we should need to do
is connect to the DB2 connect server. That server in turn manages the
connection to the actual DB2 resource. In order to get Geronimo functioning,
I found the cisuz license jar inside WSAD. That makes this even more
curious. I think our next step on this point is to take this up with our
local IBM rep. for clarification.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed,
Fran

Regarding our documentation...I would be glad to supply a copy of what we
did to get this working. Please let me know what the best way would be to
get you the information. Secondly, I don't think it was necessarily a case
of missing/wrong steps. In our case it seemed that we could not seem to find
the information specific to DB2 in a single place. I think the information
is available, perhaps it is not readily available. Also, I would offer that
some of our confusion on the matter may be due to us being "green" when it
comes to Geronimo. Perhaps the information we send along could be put to use
for those who would be in a similar situation as us. There are a couple of
tutorials but, none seemed to be comprehensive. Perhaps I could spend the
time to write one based on our experience with our implementation. If you
feel that would be useful to others, I certainly would not mind spending the
time doing so.
Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.