geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Rohit Rai" <rohitb...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I hash my passwords
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:48:34 GMT
Hello everyone,

another minor thing but couldn't find it anywhere on net or docs.

Our web application saves the rgistered user passwords 'Hashed' in the
database. The hash algorithm is negotiable but the passwords ARE TO BE
HASHED.

We want to use the standard J2EE container security. I plan to configure
Geronimo to use the standard SQL Security realm for this. Now on some other
servers I have seen support for password hash, like JBoss has <passwordhash>
or some similar tag to define what type of hash is to be used.

Can I acheive this some how in Geronimo???

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Rohit Rai

--
Dream like you're never gonna die, Live like you're gonna die today!