geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Clough, Ray C PWR" <Ray.Clo...@pwr.utc.com>
Subject jdk version
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:39:58 GMT
In playing around with various App Servers, I downloaded Websphere
Community Edition, which is an extraordinarily thin repackaging of
Geronimo (different page header, and worse on-site documentation).  One
thing I did notice, however, is that they specified that the JDK used
should be 1.4.2, not 1.5, which they attributed to incompatibility
between Geronimo and JDK 1.5.  Is this really correct?  As I look at the
Geronimo site now, it does specify jdk 1.4.2 (I didn't originally notice
that), but I've found that it does seem to run properly, except for the
'daytrader' demo app.  I'm using jdk1.5, and I do now have at least one
error which completely mystifies me.    My 'mysterious' error is a
problem with Soap Deserialization.  Is jdk incompatibility a likely
cause?

Also, will Geronimo 1.1 be certified for JDK 1.5, and when is it
expected to be released.  I couldn't find this info on your site.

Thanks,
Ray Clough