geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Clough, Ray C PWR" <Ray.Clo...@pwr.utc.com>
Subject RE: commons logging issue
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:48:51 GMT
I have found that if the commons-logging.jar file is in my app's lib
directory, then Geronimo chokes on it.  However, deployments of the
exact same WAR file on Tomcat, Sun, Oracle servers work fine if the
commons-logging.jar file is present. I always figured it was a class
loader error in Geronimo.   Maybe that assumption is incorrect!!??

- Ray Clough

-----Original Message-----
From: Dain Sundstrom [mailto:dain@iq80.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:53 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: commons logging issue

Our long term goal is to isolate web applications from the system
classes.  This means that by default a web application will only see the
spec jars required by the servlet spec.  Then if an application needs
more jars, they can either add them to the WEB-INF/lib or the geronimo
repository and add a dependency.  I would have liked to get this into
1.1, but I think 1.1 will ship before I can get to it.

-dain