geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Clough, Ray C PWR" <Ray.Clo...@pwr.utc.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo Problem
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:52:55 GMT
Here is a pdf of the screen shots.  As you can see, the 2nd screen is
just empty.

Thanks.

- Ray Clough

-----Original Message-----
From: ammulder@gmail.com [mailto:ammulder@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Aaron
Mulder
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:24 PM
To: Geronimo User
Subject: Re: Geronimo Problem

Can you walk me through screen by screen what you enter in which field
and what screen it takes you to after you click next?

We have had a problem with the Tomcat version of Geronimo where if there
are certain characters in the connect URL then the database wizard
breaks and returns to the database pool list screen in the middle (that
is fixed for 1.1).  If that's what you're running into then switching to
the Jetty version should help for now.  If not, please also check the
server log (var/log/geronimo.log) for stack traces or error messages
while you're gong through the database wizard.

I'm not sure what to say about the problem with Oracle or PostgreSQL.
Can you say exactly what file paths/names you saved the JDBC driver JARs
to and what entry you picked for the driver JAR on the screen where it
prompts you for the driver class, driver JAR, etc.?

I guess this reminds me -- I think some of the admin console screens
barf if you put a JAR in the repository with the wrong name format.
This may also be causing your problems.  Make sure each file has a dash
then a version number in the name
(repository/oracle/jars/oracle-9ir2.jar not
repository/oracle/zips/classes.zip or something like that).  We also
have a fix in 1.1 to handle this situation better.

Thanks,
    Aaron