geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <>
Subject Re: Restart Geronimo from within Servlet
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:03:42 GMT
On 4/3/06, Mario Rübsam <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> > Another option would be to use Java Service Wrapper to monitor Geronimo
> > and restart it when it shutdown.
> thanks for the replies to my questions. I finally found the best way to
> restart Geronimo with all the ressources closed and the server restarts.
> I used the Java Service Wrapper as Matt suggested and added some filter
> settings to the wrapper.conf .
> # Filter settings
> wrapper.filter.trigger.1=RestartGeronimo
> wrapper.filter.action.1=RESTART
> all other settings like Hernan described here:
> Now the only thing I did in the servlet is a simple:
> System.err.println("RestartGeronimo");
> This triggers the log watch function of the JSW and
> the wrapper executes the RESTART action.

Whooow! That's incredibly simple! I have never worked with JSW, but
after having seen the example I added it to my toolbox. Thanks!

> Maybe this short example help others to remote restart the
> Geronimo service via a web interface.

Good point. Would you like to go on with it, report a JIRA task/issue
and attach a patch? I could commit the change and the solution of
yours would be distributed as an integral part of Geronimo's official

Thanks for sharing it!

> Mario

Jacek Laskowski

View raw message