geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JACC
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:43:51 GMT

On Apr 26, 2006, at 1:16 AM, peter@vangeenhoven.com wrote:

> I'm implementing the Provider Contract of the JACC specs as we
> speak. Since the specs aren't very clear I am consulting Jonas,
> JBoss and Geronimo implementations to clear up any unknowns. I have
> noticed that the GeronimoPolicyConfiguration class doesn't check
> the "setPolicy" permission on a number of methods even though this
> is required by the specs.
>
> I believe this should be fixed in order for Geronimo to be truly
> JSR-115 compliant.

As Alan said, please file a jira pointing out where the problems are.
> Furthermore the linkConfiguration method isn't implemented. I did
> provide an implementation for this method which I'd be happy to
> share for what it's worth with the developer(s) in charge of
> Geronimo JACC. Obviously I made an educated guess at this
> implementation as again, the specs are highly unclear on this.

Do you think our implementation has incorrect behavior?  My opinion
is that our implementation does not need the linkConfiguration method
to do anything, although we call it per the spec.  I'd like to know
what you think our implementation needs to do differently.  I
certainly agree about the clarity of the specs :-)

thanks
david jencks