geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Finian O'Boyle" <sevenbe...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: "Can't add listener to MBean server delegate" when deploying from Ant in Eclipse
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:42:48 GMT
I apologize for posting three times to this list in succession, but I know
the circumstances that cause the "Can't add listener to MBean server
delegate" error. And I don't believe it is affected by the Java version I
use or the JAVA_HOME setting.

If Geronimo is started from the console and then I try to deploy from within
Ant in Eclipse, I get the error. If however, I start Geronimo from within
Eclipse and try to deploy from within Ant, it works perfectly. I don't know
why that is, but at least I know how to avoid the error!

Sorry for taking up your time here,

Finian

-----Original Message-----
From: Finian O'Boyle [mailto:sevenbells@hotmail.co.uk]
Sent: 16 April 2006 13:10
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: RE: "Can't add listener to MBean server delegate" when deploying
from Ant in Eclipse

I'm even more confused now! I realised that the JAVA_HOME environment
variable was pointing to Java 1.5, so I changed it to point to Java 1.4 and
the deploy worked within Ant in Eclipse. The confusing bit it that I can no
longer repeat the error - it doesn't matter what the JAVA_HOME environment
variable is pointing to, or even whether it is there or not, the deploy
works within Ant both using Java 1.4 and 1.5.

At least I can deploy from Eclipse though!

Finian