geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Finian O'Boyle" <sevenbe...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject "Can't add listener to MBean server delegate" when deploying from Ant in Eclipse
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:27:44 GMT
Hi, I'm new to Geronimo and I'm developing an application for it in Eclipse
3.1.1.  If I use deployer.jar from the console (using Java 1.5) it deploys,
no problems. However, when I use Ant from within Eclipse I get the error
message below. It seems to be the same problem as in a previous posting to
this list:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200510.mbox/%3c258290
f60510200756l21390e03u@mail.gmail.com%3e

The error occurs whether I use Java 1.5 or Java 1.4 to run the Deployer. I
know that I can hot deploy by copying my .war into Geronimo as an
alternative approach, but I wondered if anyone had any ideas why deployment
using deployer.jar should work from the console, but not from Ant even
though I'm using exactly the same parameters.

Finian

    [java] Caught an unexpected exception
     [java] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't add listener to MBean
server delegate: java.lang.SecurityException: Operation not allowed
     [java] at
com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.ArrayNotificationBuffer.createListeners(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at
com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.ArrayNotificationBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
     [java] at
com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.ArrayNotificationBuffer.getNotificationBuffer(Un
known Source)
     [java] at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl.getNotifBuffer(Unknown Source)
     [java] at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getServerNotifFwd(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.fetchNotifications(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor271.invoke(Unknown Source)
     [java] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
     [java] at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
     [java] at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
     [java] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     [java] at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
     [java] at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)
     [java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
     [java] at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
     [java] at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.fetchNotifications(Unknow
n Source)
     [java] at
mx4j.remote.rmi.RMIRemoteNotificationClientHandler.fetchNotifications(RMIRem
oteNotificationClientHandler.java:37)
     [java] at
mx4j.remote.AbstractRemoteNotificationClientHandler$NotificationFetcherThrea
d.fetchNotifications(AbstractRemoteNotificationClientHandler.java:432)
     [java] at
mx4j.remote.AbstractRemoteNotificationClientHandler$NotificationFetcherThrea
d.run(AbstractRemoteNotificationClientHandler.java:357)
     [java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Operation not allowed
     [java] at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.jmx.MBeanServerDelegate.addNotificationListener(M
BeanServerDelegate.java:252)
     [java] at
com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.ArrayNotificationBuffer$1.run(Unknown Source)
     [java] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     [java] at
com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.ArrayNotificationBuffer.addNotificationListener(