geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Eric...@kryos.com
Subject Re: JAAS configuration in geronimo
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:37:29 GMT
I've attempted to create a DB pool using the console......

and I got the following stack trace....after I attempted the save/deploy.
The test connection seemed to work fine.

Can  you make sense of this?  Could it be a bug in the console?   Should I
try doing it by command line?  If so, can you point me to a resource that
outlines the command lines for creating a db pool?

As a side note:  Could the problems I've been having be a result of me
using jre1.5.0.x?  Should I be using 1.4?

Thanks,
Eric

13:23:41,368 ERROR [DatabasePoolPortlet] Unable to save connection pool
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.save(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:831)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.processAction(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:338)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:229)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doPost(PortletServlet.java:163)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:153)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
        at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(PortletInvokerImpl.java:120)
        at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.action(PortletInvokerImpl.java:68)
        at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:164)
        at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:82)
        at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doGet(Servlet.java:227)
        at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doPost(Servlet.java:267)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(DefaultSubjectValve.java:52)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:262)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.PolicyContextValve.invoke(PolicyContextValve.java:50)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.TransactionContextValve.invoke(TransactionContextValve.java:53)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.ComponentContextValve.invoke(ComponentContextValve.java:47)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.InstanceContextValve.invoke(InstanceContextValve.java:60)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:526)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

"Aaron Mulder" <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
Sent by: ammulder@gmail.com
20/03/2006 01:04 PM
Please respond to
user@geronimo.apache.org

user@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: JAAS configuration in geronimo

The error seems to be saying that it can't find com.mysql.jdbc.Driver in
the MySQL 3.0.15 JAR that you put in the repository.  It seems unlikely,
but can you run a "jar -tf" on that JAR and make sure that there's a
com/mysql/jdbc/Driver.class in there?  If there is, perhaps we have a bug
and we don't load the JAR correctly for the test.

I'm pretty sure this will work if you set up a JDBC pool in the console
and then just point your security realm to that instead of separately
configuring the JDBC JAR and connection settings in the security realm
screen.

Thanks,
     Aaron