geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Eric...@kryos.com
Subject Re: JAAS configuration in geronimo
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:24:15 GMT
Hi Aaron,

Sorry, should have been more descriptive.

I create a loginContext and pass it in the name of the config file and
hand it the custom login call back handler.

Then the login method is called; it goes back and grabs the user from a
MySQL database.  If the user exists and the credentials fit, we figure out
their role and send them on their way.  If not, it throws a Login
Exception and punts them back to the login page.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
Eric

"Aaron Mulder" <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
Sent by: ammulder@gmail.com
20/03/2006 09:50 AM
Please respond to
user@geronimo.apache.org

user@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: JAAS configuration in geronimo

How are you planning to use this JAAS component?  For example, is it a
LoginModule that you want to use to validate logins to the web
container?

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 3/20/06, EricCho@kryos.com <EricCho@kryos.com> wrote:

> Sorry... let's try that with a subject heading
>

>  Eric Cho/Kryos
>
> 20/03/2006 09:44 AM
>
> To user@geronimo.apache.org
>
> cc
>

> Subject

>  Hi all,
>
>  I'm trying to port an app over to WAS CE (which we all know is geronimo
with and ibm admin console).

> I have a JAAS component and I'm having trouble configuring it.
>
>  In tomcat it's as easy as opening the tomcat properties dialogue, going
to the java tab and adding the following under java options:
>  -Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\Tomcat
5.5\conf\JAASConfig\thisSitesSecurity.config