geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Arjen van der Weijden <Arjen.van.der.Weij...@rivm.nl>
Subject eclipse plugin
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:57:04 GMT

I've been studying the article
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-gerplug/ that
describes howto quickly get started creating geronimo apps with eclipse.
The article mentions the geronimo plugin
org.eclipse.jst.server.geronimo.core_1.0.0, but I couldn't find it at the
referred locations. It seems the world has changed since the writing.

In the geronimo wiki I've found the following: "The above article refers to
ongoing development of this plugin as part of Eclipse's Web Tools project.
However as of recent, this is no longer, and it has been removed from WTP
drivers. Instead, it is now being developed as a subproject under Apache
Geronimo."

I came accross this geromnimo plugin at the apache site:
geronimo-eclipse-plugin-1.0.0.zip (unstable version) which unpacked
delivers me the package org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v1_1.0.0.

I installed this plugin with all the WTP-prerequisites and WTP itself.
Doesn't seem to work as described by ibm.

Question: Is this plugin the same as the ibm article describes?

thanks,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER:  http://www.rivm.nl/disclaimer.htm