geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JAAS configuration in geronimo
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:27:51 GMT

On Mar 20, 2006, at 6:50 PM, EricCho@kryos.com wrote:

> OK.....
>
> Since I've got a custom login module I've went ahead and packaged
> the module, callback, callbackHandler and principal into a jar and
> threw it into the /repository/login/thisSiteLoginCode-1.0.jar.

Assuming this is the geronimo repository, it should be in repository/
login/jars/thisSiteLoginCode-1.0.jar

The plan that defines the GenericSecurityRealm and the LoginModule
gbean needs to include

<dependency>
   <groupId>login</groupId>
   <artifactId>thisSiteLoginCode</artifactId>
   <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

> Then I created a securty realm using the console defining, the
> module class, control flag to "requred", servier side to "servier
> side" and "no" support advanced mapping.
>
> Restarted the server and when I try a login, I get the following
> exception:
>
> org.apache.geronimo.common.GeronimoSecurityException: Unable to
> instantiate login module
> at
> org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.server.JaasLoginModuleConfiguration.
> getLoginModule(JassLoginModuleConfiguration.java:71)
> further down:

> com.company.site.jaas.siteLoginModule.......
>
> I checked the common libraries and the jar seems to be there......
> so what am I missing.
>

> <snip>

I'm not exactly sure what the console does, so I recommend checking
the plans it generates and posting them if the above doesn't work.

thanks
david jencks