geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Yet another ActivationSpec NotFound Problem
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:10:28 GMT

On Mar 13, 2006, at 7:18 AM, johnxmas wrote:

> David,
>
> First of all, thanks for your patience and your help. I found my
> problem: it was a typo in ra.xml and MessageLisener was not the
> same in ra.xml and ejb-jar.xml ! Shame on me !

I carefully compared the two message listeners and didn't  catch the
difference :-)

> Alas, things continue not to function.
>
> a) first, my ResourceAdapter is  started
> b) then, my MDB is deployed. EndpointActivation() is called on the
> RA and it starts
> a Work to handle the EIS messages (This work implements a
> ServerSocket)
>
> All is right. But...
>
> c) On the console appears the message "Redeploying
> scortJcaAdapter15.rar":
> stop() is called on the RA. All resources are then deleted
> (including the ServerSocket)
> and start() is called anew on the RA
>
> When the EIS calls the RA, there is no more ServerSocket listening !
>
> Why this redeployment of the adapter ?

I have no idea!!  Can you tell us the exact sequence of operations
you use to make this happen?  I would start by trying to deploy your
rar and ejb app from the command line: I think it is more likely to
be reliable that deploying from the console.

I haven't checked recently exactly how the relationships are set up
between the services involved, but I wonder if the reason nothing
works after the redeploy is that the mdb was stopped when the
resource adapter was stopped, and we don't restart dependent
components automatically.

Hope this helps,
david jencks