geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Bradford, Jeff L" <JBRAD...@amfam.com>
Subject Release Management
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:29:55 GMT
One of the issues we have run into with previous open source app servers
is the lack of a fast migration path from one version to the next.  It
is always an unzip and then a manual movement of the needed app specific
info and server config while keeping in mind changes to DTDs as well.
Keeping a large development shop on the same version of an app server
locally and on our various testing tiers is a major undertaking.
Therefore, do you have any plans or would you consider assembling some
type of auto-update executable, script or an Eclipse type of Software
Updates option to ease this pain between major and minor versions.

Thanks,
Jeff