geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Absolute file path as dependency in plan
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:00:54 GMT

On Mar 23, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Kenji Nakamura wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on upgrading from M5 to 1.0 release.
>
> For development, I used absolute file URI for dependencies in
> plans. It worked well in M5, but got the following error when I
> deploy in 1.0 release.
>
> deployGBean:
>     [java]     No ModuleID or TargetModuleID provided.  Attempting
> to guess based
>     [java]     on the content of the plan.
>     [java]
>     [java]     Attempting to use ModuleID 'com/palamida/ipamp/
> Dispatcher'
>     [java]
>     [java]     Stopped com/foo/ibar/Dispatcher
>     [java]
>     [java]     Unloaded com/foo/bar/Dispatcher
>     [java]
>     [java]     Uninstalled com/foo/bar/Dispatcher
>     [java]
>     [java]     Error: Operation failed:
>     [java]
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
>     [java]     uri
>     [java]     file:/Users/kenjin/foo/dev1/engineering/sandbox/
> kenjin/bar/trunk/modules//dispatcher/target/eclipse-classes/
>     [java]     not found in repository
>     [java]
>     [java]         uri
>     [java]     file:/Users/kenjin/foo/dev1/engineering/sandbox/
> kenjin/bar/trunk/modules//dispatcher/target/eclipse-classes/
>     [java]     not found in repository
>
> It was VERY useful with the combination of Eclipse's dynamic code
> replacement to reduce the frequency of bouncing Geronimo.
> Is it no longer supported?? Is there any other way to specify a
> directory on file system as a dependency instead of jars in
> respository?

I don't think that it was intentional that this worked in M5 :-)

You need to put your dependencies into  the geronimo repository,
possibly renaming them so they each have a version, and refer to them
using

<dependency>
   <groupId>kenjin</groupId>
   <artifactId>util</artifactId>
   <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

(Or the all-on -one line format, but I recommend this one -- the
other is not going to work in 1.1.)

We're working on another way to support using the classes eclipse
knows about, hopefully it will be available shortly after or in 1.1.
The new way should let you use the same plan for development and
production, so you wouldn't need to change the dependencies.

thanks
david jencks