geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Restart Geronimo from within Servlet
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:51:42 GMT
If the restart code in the console does what you want, then you can
execute the same logic from a servlet.  The best way would be to
connect to the local server via JMX (which would require the
administrator username and password).  You could also connect directly
to the Geronimo kernel in the local JVM, though we're hoping to shift
our classloader structure to move the Geronimo stuff out of the
application classloader, so in a future release of Geronimo, you might
need to manually specify classloader dependencies to get this approach
to work.

Thanks,
    Aaron