geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Message-Driven-Bean (JBoss to Geronimo)
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:18:35 GMT
Here's an example using J2EE 1.4 syntax:

excerpt from ejb-jar.xml
---------------
<enterprise-beans>
  <message-driven>
    <ejb-name>MyMDB</ejb-name>
    <ejb-class>....MessageDrivenBean</ejb-class>
    <message-destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</message-destination-type>
    <message-destination-link>QueueName</message-destination-link>
  </message-driven>
</enterprise-beans>
<assembly-descriptor>
  <message-destination>
    <message-destination-name>QueueName</message-destination-name>
  </message-destination>
</assembly-descriptor>

excerpt from openejb-jar.xml
-----------------------
<enterprise-beans>
  <message-driven>
    <ejb-name>OrderProcessor</ejb-name>
    <naming:resource-adapter>
      <naming:resource-link>ResourceAdapterName</naming:resource-link>
    </naming:resource-adapter>
    <activation-config>
      <activation-config-property>
        <activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>
        <activation-config-property-value>QueueName</activation-config-property-value>
      </activation-config-property>
      <activation-config-property>
        <activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>
        <activation-config-property-value>javax.jms.Queue</activation-config-property-value>
      </activation-config-property>
    </activation-config>
  </message-driven>
</enterprise-beans>

The ResourceAdapterName in that snippet should point to the
resourceadapter-name used when the JMS resources were deployed.  The
destinationType and destination have to be specified in openejb-jar
even if, as here, they're already specified in ejb-jar.xml.

Thanks,
     Aaron