geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError deployment errors
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:12:14 GMT
OK, then try adding the hidden classes for commons-logging too:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app
  xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
  configId="MPLCommon">
  <hidden-classes><filter>org.springframework</filter></hidden-classes>
  <hidden-classes><filter>org.apache.commons.logging</filter></hidden-classes>
  <context-root>/mpl</context-root>
  <context-priority-classloader>true</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>

Alternately, if that still gives you trouble, or if you want to use
Geronimo's commons logging instead of the one built in to your
application, you could try hiding the one in your application instead:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app
  xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
  configId="MPLCommon">
  <hidden-classes><filter>org.springframework</filter></hidden-classes>
  <non-overridable-classes><filter>org.apache.commons.logging</filter></non-overridable-classes>
  <context-root>/mpl</context-root>
  <context-priority-classloader>true</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>

I haven't seen this commons-logging problem before, but maybe it's
just that I haven't deployed apps that use commons-logging themselves.

Thanks,
    Aaron