geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: JAAS configuration in geronimo
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:01:37 GMT
So we override the default JAAS file-based configuration mechanism
with a configuration system of our own based on Geronimo components
(GBeans).

If you are doing this for a web application and you can use the normal
J2EE login routines, you can configure your login module as a Geronimo
security realm and let J2EE/Geronimo handle the login.

If you are intentionally avoiding the J2EE login handling, then you
probably need to rewrite your JAAS configuration as a Geronimo service
configuration (we have GBeans that wrap login module configuration,
etc.).  You'll also need to put your classes in a JAR in the
repository (geronimo/repository/whatever/your-login-code-1.0.jar).  It
will probably be a little painful to write the configuration plan, but
hey, you only need to do it once.  :)

If you're going to need to write the plan, can you post the relevent
section from your existing JAAS config file?

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 3/20/06, EricCho@kryos.com <EricCho@kryos.com> wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Sorry, should have been more descriptive.
>
> I create a loginContext and pass it in the name of the config file and hand it the custom
login call back handler.

> Then the login method is called; it goes back and grabs the user from a MySQL database.
 If the user exists and the credentials fit, we figure out their role and send them on their
way.  If not, it throws a Login Exception and punts them back to the login page.

> Hopefully this helps.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>

>  "Aaron Mulder" <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
> Sent by: ammulder@gmail.com
>
> 20/03/2006 09:50 AM
>
> Please respond to
>  user@geronimo.apache.org
>

> To user@geronimo.apache.org
>
> cc
>

> Subject Re: JAAS configuration in geronimo
>

> How are you planning to use this JAAS component?  For example, is it a
>  LoginModule that you want to use to validate logins to the web
>  container?
>
>  Thanks,
>      Aaron
>
>  On 3/20/06, EricCho@kryos.com <EricCho@kryos.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > Sorry... let's try that with a subject heading
>  > .....
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Eric Cho/Kryos
>  >
>  > 20/03/2006 09:44 AM
>  >
>  > To user@geronimo.apache.org
>  >
>  > cc
>  >
>  >
>  > Subject
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Hi all,
>  >
>  >  I'm trying to port an app over to WAS CE (which we all know is geronimo with and
ibm admin console).
>  >
>  > I have a JAAS component and I'm having trouble configuring it.
>  >
>  >  In tomcat it's as easy as opening the tomcat properties dialogue, going to the
java tab and adding the following under java options: