geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Remote EJB client apps
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:58:31 GMT
Actually, application clients are the one thing that can use JNDI
lookups to access EJBs (but not other components such as JMS or JDBC
resources) -- that's what the jndi-name setting in openejb-jar.xml is
used for.  If you have a J2EE application client (that runs in a
client container) then you can still use java:comp/env for everything,
but if you have a client that does not run in a client container then
you need the InitialContext settings like you're talking about.

Unfortunately, I don't have those settings off the top of my head -- I
know it's been on the mailing list before though.

Thanks,
   Aaron