geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Not a single webapp seems to work
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:34:34 GMT
It would help to know what kind of errors you're running into.  For
example, if your web apps rely on looking up EJBs in JNDI without a
"java:comp/env" prefix, that definitely will not work -- Geronimo (and
the J2EE standard) only support the "java:comp/env" space* even though
it's reasonably common for other app servers to allow you to bind
things like EJBs and JDBC pools elsewhere in JNDI and hit them
directly there from your web apps...  But I'm not at all sure this is
actually the problem you're having.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron

* Well, just about, I think maybe the UserTransaction is officially
somewhere other than under java:comp/env and we do support that as the
spec requires...