geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Brill Pappin" <johnpap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError deployment errors
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:01:52 GMT
Isn't that non-standard?
I mean, Geronimo should be prefering the libs in the WAR over its own
libs. I thought that was part of the spec for webapps.

I've been having the same trouble myself, and its contrary to what I
expect having used a veriety of other app servers. Geronimo should not
be causing my application to blow up because of library conflicts.

I do think its ability to share libs easily is good, but I think the
default should be to isolate the webapp and allow sharing to be turned
on via the geronimo config xml file.

Does anyone know why Geronimo is so loose with its classloaders? Was
this a design choice or an artifact of some other issue?

If it was a design choice, I would *really* like to see the
justification for it... and if an artifact, it needs to be corrected
ASAP.

- Brill Pappin

[...]
> My first guess is that a copy of spring included in geronimo is
> getting used in your web app instead of the copy you are trying to
> use: when our copy tries to load the faces/hibernate classes it can't
> find them.  If this is the problem you should be able to fix it by
> adding spring and hibernate to the hidden classes list in your
> geronimo plan for your application.
[...]