geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Brill Pappin" <johnpap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not a single webapp seems to work
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:02:04 GMT
The ones I'm trying to use are non EJB apps... simple ones like
JSPWiki, XPlanner etc. All are applications I've installed many times
before (they have different levels of installation difficulty).

The XPlanner one was the worst so far, in that the classloader didn't
seem to isolate the application very well; and I got a conflict with a
library in the Geronimo repository (commons-logging in this case),
then went on to fix issue after issue (and still havn't got it all
working).

On the plus side, I did manage to get a simple test webapp with one
JSP page to run... but obviously that's not very useful.

So far, I think my problem is that the embedded Tomcat doesn't seem to
behave as expected. I've been doing this for long enough to understand
some of the intricacies of deploying a WAR, but keep running into
things I don't think I should (the classloader problem I mentioned
above was the worst so far).