geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring DB2 CLI "legacy" driver with Geronimo
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:21:57 GMT
For the deployment follow the same steps as for the Universal driver. Instead of db2jcc.jar
use
db2java.zip and rename it to db2java-8.1.8.jar, you will still need to add the license drivers.

The plan below is the one I just used to deploy the pool on my machine, note the first dependency
is
pointing to the legacy driver and the JDBC driver class is COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

When I copied the drivers to the Geronimo repo I created a com.ibm.db2 directory instead of
just
plain db2, this should be reflected in the <uri> for the dependencies.

I have not tested it against a mainframe. As Matt mentioned, your runtime environment should
be set
to find the specific libraries for the destination OS. I think you should have this already
set as
you mentioned you used to use the legacy driver so far.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector configId="user/database-pool-DB2_Test/1/car"
	xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.0">
   <dependency>
     <uri>com.ibm.db2/db2java/8.1.8/jar</uri>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <uri>com.ibm.db2/db2jcc_license_cu/8.1.8/jar</uri>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <uri>com.ibm.db2/db2jcc_license_cisuz/8.1.8/jar</uri>
   </dependency>
   <resourceadapter>
     <outbound-resourceadapter>
       <connection-definition>
         <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
         <connectiondefinition-instance>
           <name>DB2_Test</name>
           <config-property-setting name="Password">db2admin</config-property-setting>
           <config-property-setting name="CommitBeforeAutocommit">false</config-property-setting>
           <config-property-setting
name="Driver">COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver</config-property-setting>
           <config-property-setting
name="ExceptionSorterClass">org.tranql.connector.AllExceptionsAreFatalSorter</config-property-setting>
           <config-property-setting name="UserName">db2admin</config-property-setting>
           <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/SAMPLE</config-property-setting>
           <connectionmanager>
             <local-transaction/>
             <single-pool>
               <match-one/>