geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy Tool: deploy vs redeploy
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:40:46 GMT
I think we all agree that the easier for the user the better.

Having one deploy command smart enough to deploy or redeploy based on the current status would
be
cool as Aaron suggested. I think it would also be nice, if the command is going to redeploy
running app, to have a confirmation message like "... App XYZ already running, redeploy? [Y/N]",

whis this said, a new flag to the command should be added to force a response to that command.

As for support, what is the plan for start server commands? I think there are currently too
many
options. Can we list the supported, or preferred, commands? and for those are are not "preferred"

could we print a message "command no longer supported, use XYZ instead" when you execute it.

Cheers!
Hernan