geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Yeray Cabrera <yeray.cabr...@integraas.com>
Subject TomcatJAASRealm instead of TomcatGeronimoRealm
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:51:17 GMT
Hi all,

I have a problem with my custom security realm.

I get deploy my web-app with my custom security-realm (including
dependencies, ...). It work fine, but when in my code I run
HttpServletRequest.isUserInRole("role"), always return false.

I debugged my code ... userPrincipal had the correct name and subjects
but roles is null (is a JAASTomcatPrincipal).

Then, I debugged with geronimo source and I saw that my web-app used the
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatGeronimoRealm and should use
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatJAASRealm to assign  the roles to
JAASTomcatPrincipal whit the subject, doesn't it?

Looking for wiki I saw  http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat and I put
this code in my geronimo-web.xml plan:

    <container-config container="Tomcat">
        <config-param
name="TomcatJAASRealm">TomcatJAASRealm</config-param>
    </container-config>
    <gbean name="TomcatJAASRealm"
class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.RealmGBean">
        <attribute
name="className">org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatJAASRealm</attribute>
        <attribute name="initParams">
            userClassNames=com.ias.ibms.auth.IBMSUser
            roleClassNames=com.ias.ibms.auth.IBMSRole
        </attribute>
    </gbean>

But don't work :(

Somebody Know how I can assign to use TomcatJAASRealm instead of
TomcatGeronimoRealm

    Thanks

    Yeray Cabrera!