geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bryan Noll <bn...@virtuas.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has a query component
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:01:46 GMT
Better possibility...

Any question marks in your filenames or paths?  Can't be done on 
Windows, but can on a Mac.

Bryan Noll wrote:
> FYI... Doesn't look like the space character in a directory name is 
> the problem.
>
> The following worked just fine for me:
>
> 1)
> $ pwd
> /cygdrive/c/projects-sandbox/gmo helloworld
>
> java -jar C:/tools/geronimo-1.0/bin/deployer.jar deploy ./HelloWorld.war
>
> 2)
> $ pwd
> /cygdrive/c/tools/geronimo-1.0/bin
>
> java -jar ./deployer.jar deploy "C:/projects-sandbox/gmo 
> helloworld/HelloWorld.war"
>
>
> Bryan Noll wrote:
>> Where does the file (ear, war) you're trying to deploy live on the 
>> file system?  Could it be that it lives in a path location that has 
>> an illegal character (illegal in terms of a URI) in it?
>>
>> Look here for illegal characters.  
>> http://www.docjar.com/docs/api/java/net/URI.html  Search for 
>> '*Illegal characters*'.  The most common would be a space.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>
>> Xavier Vanderstukken wrote:
>>> When trying to deploy my web application I receive the following 
>>> error. See the attached file for my deployement file.
>>>
>>> 13:41:01,716 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has a query component
>>>        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:330)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getTargetFile(DeploymentContext.java:459)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.addFile(DeploymentContext.java:384)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.installModule(JettyModuleBuilder.java:388)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b30bba8a.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c024401e.installModule(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.installModule(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:148)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$d0c31844.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c024401e.installModule(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:340)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$cc114890.buildConfiguration(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:269)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:102)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:835)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:178) 
>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.console.configmanager.DeploymentPortlet.processAction(DeploymentPortlet.java:112)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:229)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doPost(PortletServlet.java:163)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:153)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:99)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:830)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:170)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:283)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:163)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(PortletInvokerImpl.java:120)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.action(PortletInvokerImpl.java:68)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:164)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:82)

>>>
>>>        at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doGet(Servlet.java:227)
>>>        at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doPost(Servlet.java:267)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:99)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:830)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:170)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568) 
>>>
>>>        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:633)

>>>
>>>        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
>>>        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:909)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:982)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244) 
>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
>>> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: 
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has a query component
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:312)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:102)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:835)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:178) 
>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.console.configmanager.DeploymentPortlet.processAction(DeploymentPortlet.java:112)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:229)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doPost(PortletServlet.java:163)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:153)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:99)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:830)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:170)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:283)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:163)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(PortletInvokerImpl.java:120)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.action(PortletInvokerImpl.java:68)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:164)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:82)

>>>
>>>        at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doGet(Servlet.java:227)
>>>        at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doPost(Servlet.java:267)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
>>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:99)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:830)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:170)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568) 
>>>
>>>        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:633)

>>>
>>>        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
>>>        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:909)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:982)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244) 
>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
>>>        at 
>>> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has a query 
>>> component
>>>        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:330)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getTargetFile(DeploymentContext.java:459)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.addFile(DeploymentContext.java:384)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.installModule(JettyModuleBuilder.java:388)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b30bba8a.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c024401e.installModule(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.installModule(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:148)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$d0c31844.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c024401e.installModule(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:340)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$cc114890.buildConfiguration(<generated>)

>>>
>>>        at 
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:269)
>>>        ... 46 more
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
>>>
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>>
>>> <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
>>>          xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
>>>          xmlns:cfg="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
>>>          configId="WebApp">
>>>     <context-root>/www</context-root>
>>>     <context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
>>>     
>>> <security-realm-name>geronimo-properties-realm</security-realm-name>
>>>     <sec:security>
>>>         <sec:default-principal>
>>>             <sec:principal 
>>> class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal" 
>>>
>>>                            name="anonymous"/>
>>>         </sec:default-principal>           <sec:role-mappings>
>>>             <sec:role role-name="admin">
>>>                 <sec:principal 
>>> class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal" 
>>>
>>>                                name="admin" designated-run-as="true"/>
>>>             </sec:role>
>>>         </sec:role-mappings>
>>>     </sec:security>
>>> </web-app>
>>>   
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message