geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configurint Geronimo to use DB2
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:22:14 GMT
Hi Francis,
A first comment would be on how you are trying to deploy. The command syntax is as follows:

   java -jar deployer.jar <general_options> <command> <command_options>

For <general_options> you would normally specify user and password, for example:

   --user system --password manager

For <command>, if you are deploying, you would use:

   deploy

For this <command> in particular you would specify the deployment plan and module to
deploy, for
example:

   <deploymentPlan_home>\db2_plan.xml ..\repository\tranql\rars\tranql-connector-1.1.rar

The entire command syntax in your case would be as follows (this comand should be in one line)

C:\Program Files\Geronimo\geronimo-1.0\bin>java -jar deployer.jar --user system --password
manager
deploy <deploymentPlan_home>\db2_plan.xml ..\repository\tranql\rars\tranql-connector-1.1.rar

If you are using Apache Geronimo v1.0 then you should not have any *SNAPSHOT* named files,
the
article in developerWorks refers to a pre-release M3 and up, not v1.0.

Second comment, your deployment plan will fail to deploy. Initially you are adding the wrong
driver
file and second you are not including the license jars.

I would suggest you take a closer look at the "Configure DB2 Datasource" document
(http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Configuring+DB2+Datasource),
the
instructions are simple, easy to follow and IT WORKS! Follow those steps, you should have
it running
in less than 5 mins.

Additionally you may want to look at the "Deployer tool" article
(http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Deployer+tool)

Let me know if you still have problems following the article (I trust you will not have any
:) )

Cheers!
Hernan