geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError deployment errors
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:09:48 GMT
Richard Wallace wrote:
> David Jencks wrote:
>> I think <hidden-classes/> should be the first element inside
>> <web-app>.  If it's already there and our attempts to improve your
>> xml document are moving it, please let us know :-)
>>

> You are correct, I didn't have the hidden-classes element first in the
> file.  I moved it there and it deploys now.  But I'm still getting the
> error from Commons Logging that I have more than one version available
> which is not allowed.  Here's my actual geronimo-web.xml file:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <web-app
>  xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
>  configId="MPLCommon">
>
> <hidden-classes><filter>org.apache.commons.logging</filter></hidden-classes>

>  <context-root>/mpl</context-root>
>  <context-priority-classloader>true</context-priority-classloader>
> </web-app>

I guess it's also fair to mention that I do have the commons-logging jar
in my wars WEB-INF/lib directory.  But I thought the <hidden-classes/>
element would make sure that the classloader created for the webapp
would not contain classes matching the filter that are in the parent
classloader.  In fact, should I even need that much since I have the
<context-priority-classloader/> set to true?  From the docs it seems
that that should cause the classes in the war to supersede those in the
parent classloader.  So how come the webapps classloader is still
inheriting the parent classloaders classes?

Thanks,
Rich