geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "J. Stan Cox" <stan...@nc.rr.com>
Subject DayTrader with an AJAX based Web interface
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:35:48 GMT
Geronimos,

I've worked on the "Trade" benchmark in the past that has been donated
to Geronimo and is now known as "DayTrader".   I think it will grow and
flourish in the open source environment and become a nice showcase for
Geronimo's performance and capabilities.

I'm  interested in adding a rich, AJAX based Web interface to DayTrader
for performance research.  DayTrader is a perfect type of application to
leverage AJAX capabilities.  I will collapse all of the current web
pages into a single rich page with dynamic and asynchronous updates of
stock prices, user holdings, buys/sells, etc.

I plan to leverage the DoJo AJAX toolkit which is being pulled into
Apache MyFaces.  The basic architecture would look like:

browser       <--------   -REST-  ---------->  DayTrader
<----SOAP---->  DayTrader  <--- Java ---> DayTrader
(dojo libs,                                    proxy
servlet               Web services             J2EE App
javascript)                                    soap/rest transform

There are several variations to this to pursue for performance comparison.

Any feedback?

Stan.