geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>
Subject ejb NameNotFound exception?
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:25:20 GMT

Hi all;

now that I've got over the JDK issue, after creating an empty workspace
(just to be sure...) and doing a few test runs, I'm almost happy, seeing
that everything gets deployed to Geronimo the way I want it. Anyhow,
there are still a few issues in one of my applications containing both
EJBs and dynamic web pages. To make sure it's not an issue in my
application, I tried to go through the "Zoo" tutorial to be found at

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/ejbtutorial/buildingejbs.html

and, after getting over a few problems probably caused by the fact that
the tutorial already is a little older, I ended up with the following:

* Everything (the bean project, the client jar, the web part) is
deployed to Geronimo.

* The web context (here: /ZooWeb) is up and running.

* However, trying to access the Session Bean from within a servlet ends
up with an exception like that thrown into the Eclipse console:

19:18:26,628 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=ZooBeansProjectEAR,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=ZooWeb.war
because no targets are running for reference J2EEApplication matching
the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=J2EEApplication,name=ZooBeansProjectEAR

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Tiger
	at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:90)
	at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:98)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
	at com.zoo.TigerUtil.lookupHome(TigerUtil.java:22)
	at com.zoo.TigerUtil.getHome(TigerUtil.java:42)
	at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.index_jsp:55)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

I'm not sure how to handle this, to be honest. Also tried to use the

TigerUtil.getHome(Hashtable environment)    instead of just using
TigerUtil.getHome()

having environment contain an appropriate java.naming configuration, but
this just changed the kind of error the application produced.

Is there anything obvious I'm yet doing wrong? Most notably, is it
necessary to explicitely tell the client where to find the bean when
running within the same J2EE container?

TIA and bye, have a nice evening wherever you are...
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden