geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javamail
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:38:55 GMT
Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

This looks like a bug in Geronimo's implementation of Transport.send().
It's not connecting to the transport before sending the message.  I'll
take care of fixing this, since I'm poking around in the javamail code
these days.

As a work around, don't use Transport.send() to send the message.
Instead, request a transport object from the session and send the
message that way.  Here's a snippet I know works:

       Transport tr = mailSession.getTransport("smtp");
       tr.connect(smtphost, username, password);
       msg.saveChanges(); // don't forget this
       tr.sendMessage(msg, msg.getAllRecipients());
       tr.close();

Rick