geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: question about the port number Geronimo is using
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:04:55 GMT
Lin George wrote:
> Aaron,
>

> Thank you very much! I have tried to modify config.xml and it works! I
> changed the TomcatWebConnector port from 8080 to 8088 and I also
> changed TomcatWebConnector port from 8443 to 8448. I only use JSP
> pages to access database in my application up to now. So, my first
> question now is whether it is correct for me to change them -- are
> there anything else to change?
If there are any other ports listed when Geronimo starts up then you
should also change those ports otherwise you will get errors/exceptions
at startup when another instance of geronimo attempts to use them.

> Anyway, I have tried by my hand that I can access the JSP pages now,
> by using URL, http://localhost:8088/<Application
> <http://localhost:8088/%3CApplication>_Home>/<JSP_Page>.
>
> But I am meeting with another trouble, which is that when I use the
> start menu of Windows XP, the Administrative console can not be opened
> since it is pointed to 8080 port. I have to change it by hand on the
> Web page to http://localhost:8088/console. Do you know how to solve
> this issue so that the Administrative sonsole can be started from
> Windows XP start menu automatically?

How did the Geronimo Administrative console get added to the start
menu?  How did you install geronimo?

Try this..

Drag the icon on the left of the URL in the address bar in your browser
( whilst browsing http://localhost:8088/console ) to your start menu and
then when the start menu pops up move the mouse to the location on the
menu where you want to place the shortcut to the web page and then
release the mouse button to drop the shortcut to the web page.

Regards,

John