geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "David Carew" <dcca...@gmail.com>
Subject Remote EJB client apps
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:14:48 GMT
By "Remote EJB client apps" I mean a standalone app running  a different
machine  from the Geronimo server accessing EJBs running on the Geronimo
server.

What are the properties required for InitialContext for a remote EJB Client
doing a JNDI lookup ?

Besides the stubs specific to the EJBs I need to call, what jar files do I
need in the remote client JVMs classpath ?

I've seen in a few threads where it has been said that Geronimo doesn't have
a Global JNDI namespace. If I understand this correctly all JNDI lookups
(including those from remote EJB clients) must be done via java:comp/env. Is
that correct ?

TIA