geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Re: Configurint Geronimo to use DB2
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:01:23 GMT

Greeting Hernan!
Thanks for your reply, we found in the Universal DB documentation a table
that describes the function of three different license files. We located
those and placed copies in

C:\Apache\geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1\geronimo-1.0\repository\db2\jars

Our assumption is that we have located them in the correct place. When we go
to the Geronimo Admin console to attempt to connect to the database we
receive the exception and stack tract that I sent along on my initial reply.

According to our DBA he indicated that we were not licensed to connect
directly to zOS instead we had DB2 connect software that handled the
connection for us. We found an IBM article that eluded to the same type of
approach as well.

The next question for us seems to be ... how can we accomplish a connection
to the database through the db2 connect middleware? Clearly, it works since
we currently connect WebSphere the same way.

However, WSAD must be handling this "under the covers" somehow because there
is no extensive configuration to have the WebSphere Test Environment (a
watered down version os WAS that is part of WSAD) is able to handle it
somehow.

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.