geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Re: Configurint Geronimo to use DB2
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:51:15 GMT

Thanks Paul, we gave your suggestion a try and it got us by our initial
error. We also checked the tutorial in the links I provided. Sure enough,
they are incorrect.

We are now receiving an exception on our license key. We are using DB2
connect middleware to handle the actual connection to our mainframe based
databases and we are now trying to get that to function. Interestingly, WSAD
must handle all of this under the covers. Our challenge is to get the
connection to function through Geronimo. Here is the message that we get
when we try to connect to the datasource:

com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver
in use is not licensed for connectivity to z/OS databases.  To connect to
this DB2 server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal
Driver for JDBC and SQLJ.  An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar
for this target platform must be installed to the application classpath.
Connectivity to z/OS databases is enabled by any of the following license
files: { db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar }

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.o.cb(o.java:2953)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.o.bb(o.java:2899)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.bb(b.java:508)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.<init>(b.java:289)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:162)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.attemptConnect(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:797)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.processAction(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:321)

            at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:229)

            at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doGet(PortletServlet.java:158)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

            at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:153)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)

            at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(PortletInvokerImpl.java:120)

            at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.action(PortletInvokerImpl.java:68)

            at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:164)

            at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:82)

            at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doGet(Servlet.java:227)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

            at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:272)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(DefaultSubjectValve.java:46)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.PolicyContextValve.invoke(PolicyContextValve.java:50)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.TransactionContextValve.invoke(TransactionContextValve.java:53)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.ComponentContextValve.invoke(ComponentContextValve.java:47)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.InstanceContextValve.invoke(InstanceContextValve.java:60)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

            at

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

            at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:526)

            at

            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)

            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

            at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

            at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

            at

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.