geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy Tool: deploy vs redeploy
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:55:57 GMT
> I think we all agree that the easier for the user the better.
>
> Having one deploy command smart enough to deploy or redeploy based on the current status
would be
> cool as Aaron suggested. I think it would also be nice, if the command is going to redeploy
> running app, to have a confirmation message like "... App XYZ already running, redeploy?
[Y/N]",
> whis this said, a new flag to the command should be added to force a response to that
command.

I like Hernan's idea about prompting the user.  But I would make the
new flag force the redeploy instead of forcing a response.  Kinda like
how the "mv" and "rm" commands work:

$ umask 777
$ touch foo1
$ touch foo2
$ mv foo1 foo2
mv: overwrite `foo2', overriding mode 0000? n
$ mv -f foo1 foo2
$

Best wishes,
Paul