geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pluto Installation on Geronimo
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:37:49 GMT
Hi, the contents of your war file looks like an archive of a
tomcat/webapps directory containing two deployed web applications -
pluto and testsuite.  If your intention is to "migrate" the deployed
portal applications from tomcat to geronimo then I think that you
should instead create two war files using a set of commands like
  cd webapps/pluto
  jar -cf ../pluto.war .
  cd ../testsuite
  jar -cf ../testsuite.war .

Then for each war file you would also need to create a deployment plan
(usually named geronimo-web.xml) as described here:
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Quick+start+-+Apache+Geronimo+for+the+impatient#Quickstart-ApacheGeronimofortheimpatient-Createanddeployasampleapplication

I haven't tried migrating an application from tomcat to geronimo in
this way but I think it might work(?).  However, if you run into
problems then you probably want to just start with the original war
files that you deployed into tomcat and then create the deployment
plans as mentioned above for deployment into geronimo.

Best wishes,
Paul

On 3/20/06, avin98 <avin98@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I haven't tried this, but I had bundled the Pluto installation into a war
> and tried deploying it onto Geronimo.Here are the contents of the war. I
> hope the jars are in proper locations. /webapps/pluto /webapps/testsuite
> /webapps/pluto/login.jsp /webapps/pluto/login_success.jsp
> /webapps/pluto/META-INF /webapps/pluto/pluto.png
> /webapps/pluto/pluto_style.css /webapps/pluto/portlet-spec-1.0.css
> /webapps/pluto/portlets /webapps/pluto/WEB-INF
> /webapps/pluto/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
[snip]
/webapps/testsuite/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/pluto/portalImpl/portlet/test/TestResults.class