geronimo-user mailing list archives

From <stevenspen...@hushmail.com>
Subject Accessing an https URL from my jsp page
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 02:19:00 GMT
I just can't figure out how I can access an https URL from a jsp
page.  I've tried everything.  For example,

<c:import url="https://www.my-ssl-url-here.com/"/>

always results in:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
Problem accessing the absolute URL "https://www.my-ssl-url-
here.com/". javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target

What I'm really trying to do is use a JAR file which downloads a
file over https, but I figure I might as well get <c:imiport/>
working first...

After hours and hours of googling and trying everything I can find,
I have gotten nowhere.  There's no catalina.policy file anywhere on
my computer, no server.xml, etc.

I greatly appreciate any help I can get on this... step by step
instructions would be fantastic.  I just have no idea where to put
anything like catalina.policy or server.xml (if they're even
required) because the directory & file names in my Geronimo
directory have absolutely nothing in common with any information I
can find on this topic on the web :(

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485